We’ve all been there… you have a big event or an important interview and a fresh new pimple pops up. Sadly, that happened to me this week but instead of just one pimple, I had three!
Luckily, over the years I’ve learned how to treat and heal pimples quickly. I started getting acne in my teens and although my skin has dramatically improved, I still deal with small breakouts from time to time. When I break out, I try to look at the factors that may have caused it so I can make the necessary changes. If it is stress related, I take extra time to meditate. If it’s because I’ve been eating out and not as strict with my diet, I dial back in.
Check out my list for ten ways to quickly clear your breakout!
- Let your skin breathe as much as possible. Try to avoid makeup for a couple of days (I know this can be tough!)
- Drink water like your life depends on it (because it kinda does ;))
- Wash/change your bedding and towels
- Eat super clean. I’m talking vegan, plant based, no refined sugar, no gluten, no dairy, watch the salt. Load up on leafy greens, berries, sweet potatoes, matcha, kombucha and more water!
- After washing your face, apply ACV (apple cider vinegar) to the areas where you are breaking out. ACV kills bacteria, removes excess dirt and oil and dissolves dead skin cells.
- Apply this blemish stick from Indie Lee morning and night (it’s crazy how quickly swelling goes down after using this!)
- Use a turmeric & honey face mask. It is anti-inflammatory, super high in antioxidants and can help even out your skin tone.
- Don’t touch your face! Don’t feel, pick, scratch or pop that pimple. (I mean it. Just don’t!)
- Drink more Matcha! Matcha is loaded with antioxidants and works wonders for your skin.
- Put ice on it. Ice helps reduce redness and swelling.
Bonus tip: Meditate for clear skin. Say clear skin affirmations. Visualize clear, glowing skin. (Trust me, it works!!)
The next time you have a pimple, I hope some of these tips help you get through it as quickly as possible!